What do you think about kids that just come on to your property and start playing?

I live in a neighborhood with lots of kids. We have a basketball hoop and at this very moment a bunch of kids (alot that I don't even know or have seen before) just showed up dropped their bikes in my lawn and start playing basketball in my driveway. I find this appauling. What ever happened to stay off peoples property, if it's not yours don't use it. My parents would have been pissed if they knew I had done something like this. Am I overreacting? I feel like it is so disrepectful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am with you. I wouldnt mind if it was a friend of my child`s, but just random kids? I would tell them they need to get off my property. I have before with kids riding bikes through my yard.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 7:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• That is so annoying and disrespectful! The kid gets hurt and the parents sue YOU!
    I'd go all Grandpa on them and tell them to get out of my yard!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I would not like it if I did not know the children or the parents. And really would not like it, unknown children showing up and not introducing themselves and showing some manners before going on to play like they live there.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• They're kids- the last thing they are thinking about is who's "property" they're on. If they're young I wouldn't think much of it but if it bothers you go out and let them know when it's appropriate to play at your house.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I have no kids at home and they are not my neighbor friends kids. they are teenagers that I don't know and ride their bikes through my lawn then stop throw their bikes down play ball and text people while in my driveway. they even take their jackets off and throw them on ground. I know they are kids but their parents should be teaching them to THINK about their behavior. Just because they are kids doesn't mean they can just do what they want and if they aren't with their parents then they should be old enough to understand what is acceptable and not
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:40 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• When my kids are out playing sometimes kids come over and play,but I know the kids in my neighborhood so I don't mind.I used to live next to kids who would ALWAYS come into my yard everyday seemed like all day even if my kids were not outside,let's just say I don't live there anymore.I say you don't want them there tell them to leave,it's you're yard!
    sarah389

Answer by sarah389 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I can't even tell you how many times we have chased kids out of our yard. We have 3/4 of an acre; that backs up to 10 acres of woods, and on the other side is an apartment complex. The kids are coming from there. Many times we happen to look out our patio, and they are playing on my kids swing set, and playing with other outside toys.

Funny, but not funny.. my husband chased the kids one other time, and a kid mooned him awhile running away.

It's rude, and disrespectful. Obviously their parents have no clue where their children are.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Everyone is so uptight! They are just children and unless they are harming your property who cares?
    VickyDickey

Answer by VickyDickey at 7:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Vickydickey - you are the type of parent that we are talking about, nothing matters who cares ...I would hate to live by you and your kids
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• and by the way I am not "uptight" it is a matter of basic respect.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2011