Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I live with my ex who is also the father of my 3 year old. We are trying to be best friends and do things right for the kids but he drives me insane. He nags and complains so much and just cant enjoy life at all. I need help here. I want to be on my own but right now he pays the bills and I dont want to seperate the family. Any suggestions on how to make things better?

Answer Question

Asked by jenzjet at 2:26 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • get a job

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

  • You can't with with someone just because you have a kid together. That's cheating you out of have a happy life. Get a job, find a way to make it on your own.

    You'll be 100X happier once you do because of two reasons-
    1. You'll be away from your ex.
    2. You won't have to listen to anyone about how you run your life, because you only depend on yourself, and that's a very good thing.

    Be independent!

    Answer by cleverusername at 3:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

  • I agree with clever... Why are you together if you're not "TOGETHER"? The old "stay together for the kids" rule is NOT a good idea. It's nice that the father is involved, but you both deserve to be happy, so move on! Get a job so you can take care of YOURSELF & become independent!

    Answer by crazysocks830 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

  • Can you move in with your parents or a friend where the home life would be a more cheerful place? Then when you and your ex got together for meals and to let the kids see him, you would be refreshed and the kids would not see stressed out mommy, but happy mommy which helps them relax.

    Answer by TXdanielly at 9:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.