I seriously saw this sign outside a Christian church.. What does it mean to you?

"God wants spiritual fruit not religious nuts!"
Reading some of the posts around here I see a lot of "religious nuts" saying things like "Satan has you" if you just simply don't believe or believe something different. So what do you think this sign was ment to get across to people. I never stopped to ask the pastor so there would be no right or wrong answer just wondering what impression this would leave on you.

babyfat5

Asked by babyfat5 at 6:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would say that it means God wants people who are genuine to the faith and sincere to him, not "bible thumpers" who force their beliefs on others or do "wrong" in the name of God.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• God wants people to live holy lives and produce good fruit...not walk the earth and scream at people for not believing what they believe in. God wants us to be Christians....He never mentioned belonging to a "religious" group.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• It could mean different things depending on the denomination and cultural make up of the church itself. Mostly though I would think it means he wants people rich in the spirit who are living the life that best emulates Christ and his teachings and not just people out there pretending to be Christian.

Answer by gemgem at 6:34 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• first i would laugh..because even tho i am a christian that is funny! but ya being a christian has nothign to do with "religion"..it is about trusting God...beating people over the head with a Bibile does NO GOOD. alot of times it is how they see you handle diff situations...and how u live your life. that sign is kinda like saying u talk the talk but can u walk the walk.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 6:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I like that very much! To me it means that you should embody your beliefs in your actions and live a rich spiritual life.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Its NOT about the religion its about the relationship With Jesus !!!
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• It means God wants you to spread the word like a fruit seed but not bash people with it like a nut. If you give people a little breathing room after you teach them about jesus and take their time about it you would be surprised what will happen.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I actually like that alot. Sadly there are too many people out there that want to push beliefs or like terrorists they take things into their own hands and go crazy. I think its means to be nice to people and not be pushy regardless of religion or beliefs.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• That sounds pretty close to what I believe God wants us to be. Being spiritual brings us enlightenment and an intimate relationship with God. Being a religious nut only passes judgement and separates us from each other and the divine.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• When I think of Spiritual Fruit, first I think of Gal.5:21-22...The Fruit of the Spirit. Then John 15..He is the vine and we are the branches...And what fruit are we bearing... So..I would guess it depends on how you are living your life. Living my the Kingdom and Him or the world. I say: either call or go by the church and ask them. I think it would be great for their phone to ring off the wall asking about the sign.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 12:20 AM on Dec. 3, 2008