Did you time your contractions or just wait till they were unbearable?

it's kind of hard to time these because i don't know to start it when my back is hurting or when my stomach tightens up (which is hard bc it is always hard) or when the pain comes in my pelvic area.......it seems so hard! I want to just wait until i can't sit still but it's my third child and i don't want to not make it to the hospital

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• After my water broke on its own.... labor contractions started coming on pretty heavy &quick.....I opted for NO PAIN RELIEF so I wasn't worried about when I got there because I knew I wasn't getting an epidural... if you want an epidural.... you need to make certain that you are there in enough time to have one administered because if you wait too long.. they won't even give you that option... just a tidbit I thought you may appreciate knowing.....I know if I was planning on getting some kind of pain relief similar to that.. I would be pretty pissed if I waited too long and couldn't! Trust me... you will not sleep at all for a long time if you don't get an epidural...labor IS long & intense... YOU CAN MAKE IT THROUGH IT.... but... if you are already sleep deprived &hurting & overly exhausted... OR illprepared...feeling like its too much... go ahead &head up there..see what they say! GOOD LUCK!
    FingerPainter

Answer by FingerPainter at 8:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i did untill they were unbearable and said screw it... i'm going in.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 7:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• timed them i knew when i was ready
    mdevece

Answer by mdevece at 7:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I tried to time them but I wasn't very good at it .... by the time I got to the hospital they were 2-3 mins apart.... They admitted me within a few minutes. Go when you feel ready, congrats, how exciting!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I waited until it was unbearable I honestly didn't know I was having contractions, they weren't bad
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Timed them.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 8:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My husband would write down how long the contraction lasted and the time inbetween each one since I was trying so hard to concentrate getting through them
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 8:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i never went in labor (first timer here) but im gonna stick it out as long as i can at home so im not stuck at the hospital waiting forever...mind you i have absolutely no problems or concerns regarding my pregnancy, my health and my babys are great so im not expecting any complications that would make me have a reason to rush to the hospital to sit there ....some people feel better and productive just getting to the hospital tho so id say what you feel comfortable with
    VikkiMarie12

Answer by VikkiMarie12 at 8:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Timed them once they were noticeable.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2011