How do you garden?

I love gardening. I used to have a huge garden but since we have moved and are in a much smaller place/apartment and have no yard we have resorted to indoor gardening, utilizing all space possible for pots and such. Currently we are growing wildflowers, herbs, and plum tree (that one is just starting as it is only a pit. . .)
How and what do you garden? And do your kids help?

Kirs

Asked by Kirs at 7:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I buy vegetable seeds, tell DH how much more garden to till up than last year, and I tell him where to plant everything & how much of it. Then I watch him tend to it over the summer, and when stuff is ready to be picked, I help harvest it and I cook & eat it. That's how I garden ;). And yes, the kids help out as much as I'll allow - they & I all have allergies and have various allergic reactions to different parts of how DH gardens.
    Anonymous

• LOL... how do "I" garden... I pay some fella to cut my grass, weed, and fertilize every friday. That is how "I" garden.

Anonymous

• Yes, when my daughter is stateside, she does all the gardening. She planted a bunch of stuff before she left and it's not going well. We have construction going on, so when they're all done (nest week or so), I have a gardener lined up-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I "share" a real garden with my mom. She lives in the country (20 acres) WE plant about 1/2 acre of everything. SHE tends it all week, WE tend it weekends. :) Bless her heart she is 74 and still going with it. I plant a few tomato and pepper plants here at the house just so I have fresh....

Kids help? ha! "why can't we just go to the store..........."
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 8:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I do veggies and herbs. My son likes to help.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• We do a large food garden of veggies, some fruits & herbs, plus a couple of fruit trees. DS helps when forced...lol.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• hey to each their own. . :) good answer anon. . . lol
    Kirs

Comment by Kirs (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I don't garden but my mom does. I have helped her in the past but not this year
    deadpplrmyhero

Answer by deadpplrmyhero at 3:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have a few containers.
    onecuteladybug2

Answer by onecuteladybug2 at 3:50 AM on Apr. 24, 2011