I forgot how to cook!!!

Has this ever happened to anyone before. I am having problems with my cooking. For the past couple of nights everything i make turns into crap. These are meals that i have made many times before and they have always come out fine. Last night i made chicken with noodles and mashed potatoes. The chicken came out rubbery, the noodles were too soft, and the potatoes to thin. Then tonight i made pork chops, cheesy potatoes, and green beans. I burnt the chops, undercooked yet burnt the potatoes, and somehow managed to burn the green beans. I Dont know Whats wrong with me. I even screwed up macaroni the other night too. As i said these are things that i normally have no trouble with. Has this ever happened to any of yall, where your cooking just starts to go all wrong?

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 8:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Food & Drink

• yes! last night infact my mashed potatoes came out too thin also. but, in my defense, i made real mashed potatoes and im used to the instant stuff, so i added too much milk. they were literally like soup.. LOL. im sure this happens to everyone from time to time, even master chefs!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I usually make my skillet sweet corn bread and the last time it didn't turn out good. The problem was that I need a new skillet, so I got a new one and yesterday I made it and it turned excellent. =]
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• NO, NOT YET SORRY
    RACINGMANIA

Answer by RACINGMANIA at 8:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yeah, kind of, so I take a break for a few days (DH will cook, or we'll eat like crap :S frozen pizza & stuff) then I'm ready to get back to it and everything turns out fine again!
    Anonymous

• Could something be malfunctioning with your stove/oven? We moved and I thought i had turned into a horribe cook but then just realized the new oven cooked hotter than the old one.
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 8:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yes, I use to teach cooking and be known for my delicious meals. I throw everything out. It is so bad that I do not even want to taste anything that I cook. I would be happy eating coffee yogurt all day.
    It is to the point that my husband does the meat or chicken and I make a salad and fresh fruit. I am so over food.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yes, it's happened several times! Usually when I am trying to cook and do to many other things.
    KamiB79

Answer by KamiB79 at 8:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Your probably under some stress lately take a break for a few days and then everything should be fine don't worry it happens to the best of us.
    mari2120

Answer by mari2120 at 8:45 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• could be that your mind is preoccupied. Good luck & don't give up!
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• yes, i have burnt food and forgot seasoning!! fun huh! lol
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 10:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2011