I feel like crying

i found out that my daughter has enlarged kidneys but has plenty of fluids around her but i dont know what else they are going to do but ultrasounds and looking at her closely after shes born they saw that i aint got much longer to go but im not ready to have her yet im scared to death cause i dont know whats going to happen when shes born or anything like that guess im just looking for some support

devlynsmommy08

Asked by devlynsmommy08 at 8:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Oh, mama . . . I am so sorry. It must feel really scary . . .

Please try to find comfort in the fact that the doctor's know about it, and that they will monitor it . . . some babies have stuff like that going on, and it is not noticed unbtil they become sick after birth. This is not the case with your lttle girl . . they will be following her and watching her. Modern medicine is awesome.

Hugs . . prayers for everything resolving . . . and health.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• (((Hugs)))) Are they greatly concerned about the kidneys or just noting an enlargement?? they should have said something more if there's reason to be worried.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Aw, I'm so sorry. That must be real hard. I'm very sorry you are going through that. All you can do is have faith in the doctors. Keep up on the doctors. Ask the drs. as many questions as possible. Maybe go on the net & try to educate yourself about this ? I always say we are scared of the unknown. Learn about this & you will probably feel much better, Hun. Good luck & take care.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• ImaginationMama is right, it's best that you and the doctors know already, that way as soon as she is born they will be able to do everything they can to help her. And since you're the Mommy, your job now is to stay as calm as you can because stress isn't going to make anything better. Once she gets here your job will just be to give her so much love to keep her strong for anything that may be ahead. I always say don't worry until it's time to worry, and I think that applies here. Sometimes things are blurred, or look different than they really are so it's hard to know what's really going on. Worrying about it now isn't going to change or fix anything, once she is here the doctors will be able to tell you what's going on and what happens next. In the meantime don't let this completely overshadow the joy and excitement of getting ready to meet your baby. I will say a prayer that everything will be just fine. Hang in there.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 8:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• if the fluid is fine chances are they may be slightly enlarged but functioning ok...an ultrasound can not tell if any of the babies organs including the lungs are 100%...but can assess growth...if you both have no other health problems there is no reason to freak out...at bestst ur doctors can monitor everything....doctors are not afraid to intervene if nessecary and if that is the case they will be ready to prepare you both for a safe delivery...im hoping the best for you...keep positive and good luck!!
    VikkiMarie12

Answer by VikkiMarie12 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• im sorry! i hope everything is going to be just fine with your daughter. just try to stay positive! :)
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 10:37 AM on Apr. 21, 2011