HowDo I know my body is preparing to give birth?

Hi, to all that have given birth or are in some way educated in birth.
I am 35 Weeks pregnant and I have lots of presure down there. OMG I can't walk I feel like the baby's head is in the middle ready to pop out. I haven't broken my water and my mucks plug has not come out and I am not bleeding I felt the baby move today earlier and about an hours ago he has stop moving. I am uncomferable my feet and hands are swollen. I can't hold my pee because of the presure. Am I going into labor soon? What should I do? I have 2 kids already and I have never felt this way.

goodmama

Asked by goodmama at 8:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You aren't necessarily going into labor anytime soon. That baby is just getting down nice and low ready to escape as soon as its time. :) Even if you lose your mucus plug it might be a week before you deliver. Just relax, baby will be here before you know it :)
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 8:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• you sound exactly like i have the past few wks...xcept i dont have any swelling....it sounds crazy but drink lots of water and clear fluids...it reduces crampyness,swelling, and the chance od dehydration...this is my first ...but i hear every preg is different...good luck!!...btw im pretty sure we are just stuck uncomfortable til we have them...:( sorry!! i know it sux im going through the same stuff right now...you bay be lucky though i hear with subsequent pregs the baby engaged means labor is near

VikkiMarie12

Answer by VikkiMarie12 at 8:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Thanks dear I am one of those moms that have family far away and the things I have to get done my boyfrind can't do. I have lots of problems.
    goodmama

Comment by goodmama (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Well hopefully your little one will hang into there a few more weeks. A week ago (at 35 weeks) i had my son and his lungs were not developed and he has been in the NICU ever since. But as to your question, the pressure can be normal late in pregnancy. Depending on the way your baby is laying it can make that pressure stronger. And with this last pregnancy i did not lose my mucus plug until a few hours before my water broke. With other pregnancies i lost my mucus plug like a week or two before, and i have never had my water brake without a doctors help until this last pregnancy too. Before i would have told you that you will just know because your body tells you but with this last one it just came all of a sudden and i had no idea. sorry i could not give you a better answer hopefully someone will be able to help out. Good luck to you and Congrats.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 8:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

michelle.coppes

• Oh Vikki I have lots of complication as well I have diabites as well. After this boy I can't any more.
    goodmama

Comment by goodmama (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I'm 35 weeks too. I have been having the same pressure down there as you are describing. I went to the doctor today and they hooked me up to a heartbeat & contraction monitor for 30 minutes and I am having a lot of contractions. The doctor is thinking I could go in labor in a week or so. I have not lost my mucus plug yet. I'm a little nervous now b/c I thought I had another good 4 weeks to still plan for baby, but the way its looking now, I may not. GL
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Im 35 weeks pregnant as well and went to the doctor today. I have cramping and I have to pee every 5 minutes..it's just how my son is positioned. Head down and ready to go. I have a lot of pressure as well. From reading the other posts on here, it sounds pretty normal at 35 weeks. Hang in there.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2011