Nursing Pads... adult content

I'm gonna be 22 weeks tomorrow and my boobs have started leaking in the last week... I'm trying to find out what you guys use for nursing pads or what you've heard is best. Also, any ideas where to get them relatively cheap? I'm going to ask my ob/gyn whenI go for my check-up next week but figured I could use some input here as well :)

AmandaJean825

Asked by AmandaJean825 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I like the reuseable nursing pads rather than the disposable - they felt softer against my skin. I usually got them at Target or WalMart.

Answer by missanc at 8:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• thank you :)
    AmandaJean825

Comment by AmandaJean825 (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I agree with missanc. The cloth, reuasable ones are the best!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 8:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• BIG fan of the cloth re-usables too! BabiesRus carries the organic cotton pads..REALLY soft. Also most maternity clothing stores have them too.

Good lucK!
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 8:35 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I totally agree about the organic reusable washable pads..... you will understand if you try the other kind! :) Happy Nursing! Oh- BTW- I also recommend lansinoh for cracked or dry nipples.. between that and medela brand... I was all set!! :)
    FingerPainter

Answer by FingerPainter at 8:40 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• im going to try the reusable ones..i used the disposable ones and they were just gross..my nipple was always wet and sweaty feeling and it smelled really bad..i felt gross when i was wearing them..i didnt even know there were reusable ones..
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• honestly you know what I used? With my first I did use the nursing pads first the row away, but it was getting expensive so I went to the reusuable they worked ok, but then get really stained up and I kept loosing them in the washer lol. So with my second I actually took a pad I wore for periods or a panty liner and cut it in half and used those so I plan on doing that agin with this baby lol. You can buy a pack of panty liners at the dollar tree
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I used the washable pads from Target. I can't remember whst brand they were, but one side was slightly textured and it kept the milk from leaking clear through.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• washable pads
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 12:54 AM on Apr. 21, 2011