Frantic fetal movements

What is the difference between normal and frantic fetal movements?

I fell off the porch this morning and am on bedrest until my OB appt tomorrow. They told me to make sure the baby is still moving normally. She has been really still since I fell, but for the past hour she has been moving crazily. But I can't tell if she is just hyper or frantic. How can you tell the difference?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 6:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Went to the ER, apparently nothing is wrong. Everything is OK!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:47 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Call your OBGYN - this is something only a doctor can truly answer with certainty. They may have you go to the hospital instead of waiting til tom. Call & tell them whats going on.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 6:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I've already called them when I fell. That is why I'm on bedrest. But I am supposed to keep an eye on her movements, and I don't know if she's hyper or nervous or what...
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 6:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Call them again and make sure it's okay. If they are no longer open, call the hospital. They ALWAYS have an OB on call.
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 7:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I think that you should probably go to the hospital and get a sonogram if you aren't sure. Do her movements feel different to you? If they feel differnet then you should go get checked sooner than later.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Don't be afraid to have it checked sooner rather than later. You are better safe than sorry and doctors don't always make the right recommendations. Your instincts are telling you the movements are different, go with that. If you end up wrong then that's great, but if you're right and you don't have it checked out now, then you'll never forgive yourself.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• but if she's in distress, wouldn't i be having contractions or something? I don't have reception for my cell where I live, and no land line, so I'm trying to figure this out. I would basically have to just walk into the ER...
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Yeah, go to the ER. If nothing else its another u/s and peace in your mind!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I fell when I was thirty-five weeks, I slipped and fell on the greasy floor around five at night. I went into labor that night(they had to stop it), i had to go to the hospital and be observed. I made out fine though(Not trying to scare you or anything)lol. Just be careful okay. Good luck!
    vroberts3677

Answer by vroberts3677 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• If you are worried just go to the ER you will feel alot better if you do. Like everyone has said better safe than sorry
    Anonymous