Kinda dumb bar stool question (decor) help!

I just moved into a pretty spacious 1 br with my 2 yr old son. I'm ordering furniture & I'd like to keep as much space as possible. I'm using my dining area for my desk & using my counter top cut out as an eating area...great space for it. I'm having a hard time figuring out if I need to get 24" or 29" bar stools. The countertop to the floor is about 35". I'm thinking the 24" would have me sitting too low & the 29" may be fine, but I don't want to be sitting too high either. What should I do? I'm terrible at this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Home & Garden

• hmmm..not sure. we have 24 in. barstools, but not sure how high the counter is. i'm thinking 29" stools would be too high for a 35" counter, it would barely leave room for your legs...right??
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 4:11 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Do you have a yard stick or measuring tape? If so measure from the floor to the desired height and stand by it. Move your bottom to that level and be close to the bar. That should help you decide.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• That sounds exactly like mine! You need the 29". A friend gave us some 24" stools and they are wayyyy to short. We actually have been using them on the other side to sit.. LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• One link when I googled "what height for bar stools"

http://www.buying-bar-stools.com/buying-guide.html

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Okay, that just sounded weird... not the other side of the stool.. cause well, that would hurt. I mean the other side of the counter...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I meant to add more........

And there are other links. You can use cushions on the bar stools too for another inch or so if you need it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• not sure, have you checked Ikea?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Use a measuring tape and find a best guess.
    deadpplrmyhero

Answer by deadpplrmyhero at 3:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2011