How much does your baby weigh?

I went to my appointment today and I'm 36w and 2d... My ob did an ultrasound and said baby was 5 1/2 lbs and then I ask is that right because last time I came seem like baby was that amount.. So he did the measurements again and came up with 6lbs 2ozs....I wanna know how far along are you and how much does your baby weigh?

Myunbornlove

Asked by Myunbornlove at 8:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well I am 35 weeks and they last weighed my baby 3 weeks ago and she was 4 lbs. 2 oz. They are going to weigh the baby again next week, so I shall see. I know she's had to gain a lot more weight.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I had an ultrasound done at 38 weeks with my first, and they estimated him at 9 lbs. He was born a week later at 8 lbs 8 oz, so they were a pound off.

Ultrasound weight estimates are notoriously inaccurate, off by up to 2 lbs in either direction, because they have to use length measurements instead of weight. For instance, I learned after my son was born that the two main measurements they use are head and stomach circumferences, both which were large on my son, but obviously didn't accurately reflect his actual weight.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It is funny because I was 40 weeks and I was in the hospital and everybody thought my son would be 9 lbs. The did an ultrasound since they thought he was feet down and I knew he was not he had hiccups down low. When they did the ultrasound the tech said he was head down and 7 lbs. He was born a few hours later 7 lbs and 9oz. So the ultrasound was pretty close.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 9:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• They did my US at 36 weeks and told me that my LO would be almost 8 lbs at birth. She wasn't even 6lbs at birth. They were way off.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• 35 weeks 5lbs and 6ounces
    devlynsmommy08

Answer by devlynsmommy08 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I know with my daughter the ob I was seeing with her told me that she was going to be a big baby with a lot of hair... Like 8lbs and she only weight 6lb 10oz and she didn't have a lot of hair...She had some tho!!! SO I'm like what do they being seeing...But I was just hoping my little man wasn't under weight or anything...But the doctor said he wasn't.. I have 4 more weeks so he said he will gain more weight...I just want him to be healthy!
    Myunbornlove

Comment by Myunbornlove (original poster) at 10:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I get weekly ultrasounds, and at my last one at 35 weeks she was weighing 5lbs 2oz. :)
    PrdWifeNMom07

Answer by PrdWifeNMom07 at 4:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2011