Am I overreacting?

I hate to think of myself as an untrusting wife or someone who is easily jealous but I surely am acting like it lately. I can always tell when something is up with my husband because he starts being extremely cold towards me and mean to the kids.

It all came down to it one night when I went on my computer to play on facebook and he was still logged in to his. I came across something I wasn't meant to see and every since then lets just say I have been checking up on him.

Ok, to keep it short and simple...He has "friends" that are girls..not a problem but!!!!!! When he and these girls are going back to yester-year and talking about sexual things that happened or how marriage is a mistake and how he flat out told me no more kids and that was that..it kind of makes me wonder if he respects me at all or maybe he honestly is just thinking it is harmless? I am not saying he is cheating. These girls are in OK. I am in VA but I do know he has given out his cell phone number to these exgirlfriends of his.

jujubean1979200

Asked by jujubean1979200 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Just my opinion but it's WRONG.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• No, you are absolutely not overreacting. It's inappropriate to discuss such things in the manner you've described with any "old flames". I'd tell him what you found (and how you found it, lest he think you were "spying" when it was his own mistake) and have him give it to you straight. Maybe a little marriage counseling could help you two work through whatever issues you have?
    ellemenope

Answer by ellemenope at 9:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Sounds like he is confiding in the wrong people. I would be very hurt and would have one heck of a heart to heart with him.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 9:05 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• He may think it's harmless but it is truly disrespectful to talk about the things you have mentioned. I'd be hurt and angry.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I told him and guess what?? denial. Also, he says "It's my facebook. Why shoudl you care?"
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 9:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• No,your not overreacting.Id make him delete his fb acct..id delete mine too if he had a prob with it.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• oh he says "i am not on there anymore" oh except for April 3rd when you went and messaged your little girlie friend who friend requested you and I quote "I have thougth about you at least once a week since we lost touch. I have seen your dad and your brother. Glad to see you are so blessed." um??
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• No communication with your ex gfs. NONE! I don't communicate with my ex bfs, why should he get to communicate with his ex gfs? That's b.s. and isn't respectful at all, Girl. You aren't over reacting ONE BIT! I say tell him how it is. If he doesn't respect how you than um you need to reconsider who you are spending the rest of your life with. ya know ? I'm so sorry you are going thru that. I had to put up with that crap before. Its so hurtful & they have no idea. My SO and I do NOT have facebook or anything like that, well I have this. Its all mommas tho, lol I always leave it up so if he did want to look he could. I do it to show him I have nothing to hide. I say delete that crap bc it opens up doors that don't need to be opened. Good Luck, Hun.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 9:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I don't mind him talking to other girls that are old friends because I have old guy friends but never would we speak of things like this! I agree..it is very disrespectful. I won't lie, this has drug up a lot of insecurities from my past now and I am honestly tired of feeling like if I say the wrong thing it is just pushing him to another woman. I realize now that I can't force him to that. He can say I am a bitch all he wants but the truth is it is him who takes the action not me. To me, he is a coward if he does because he won't do counseling
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yeah no. Sorry but thats not cool.
    daina82

Answer by daina82 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2011