When did you change the nipples on bottles and when did you start giving cereal to your little one?

You would think after having my third child I would remember this but I guess not.

CherBear2529

Asked by CherBear2529 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what does changing bottle nipples have to do with cereal? If you are asking cause u put cereal in your babys bottle you aren't suppose to do that!!! Ask your pediatirian or a nurtionalist its bad for the baby!!
    Anonymous

• Cereal at about 5-6 months and same age with the nipples about 6 months old I changed to a stage 2 nipple.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Cereal- depends on your DR mine said 4 months but a lot are going to 6 months. As far as the nipple I BF so I am no help there she pretty much hated the bottle, at 6 months I started using sippy cups.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• We had to change the nipple early at about 3 mos b/c she wasn't getting enough at a fast enough pace. We started cereal around 3 mos and baby food at 3 1/2 mos.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I didn't change nipples. I felt that babies tend to overeat when it's not as hard to get it out. Then their bodies don't have a chance to trigger the '"I'm full" feeling before they have eaten too much.

As for Cereal. I didn't start until around 11 months.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• cereal around 4 months and nipple change at 4 months too. I can't stand the slow nipples, it would take a long time to finish feeding him and he falls asleep sucking
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• BF babies should never change nipple size as they should stick with slow flow like the breast so with my 3rd and 4th child I never changed from newborn size, I changed with my older FF babies around 4 months and then around 9 months.

I started cereal with my older 2 at 4 months, around5 months with my 3rd and my 4th baby has never had cereal since theres no real nutritional value in it and its is basically empty carbs
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 8:51 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I started cereal at 4 months and Oatmeal around 5 months and we changed to the med flow nipple at like 3 1/2 -4 months. GL
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 4:30 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i did cereal at a few weeks with my pediatricians complete approval. I changed nipples based on the chart that came with the nipple but used a knife to SLIGHTLY slit the nipples to help. my children are not overweight because of it and the dr said it was fine just not to use rice cereal bc it does have too many calories and too much fat for what they needed.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 2:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2011