Any one broken up by the lost of soaps AMC and OLTL on ABC

I gave up on AMC long ago and was kind of thinking of no more OLTL What are you doing with the extra time? I'm still adjusting my routine until the OLTL goes away. Trying a new business, maybe get a new place this year and getting rid of clutter.

sweet11-12

Asked by sweet11-12 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Entertainment

• I love OLTL. I have watched soaps since the 1960's and I always taped them when I was working full time.It was an escape, a fun way to relax at the end of the day and the actors and storylines are great. They become like a "family". I will miss them.
    By the way, they have planned two shows to replace the soaps and I sure won't watch them. A COOKING show..."The Chew" (rhymes with The View.....duhhh) and a show caslled "revolution" or something stupid. We don't need some stupid talk show or another cooking show. That just sucks!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It is the end of an era for sure. I've been watching (off and on) them since I was a baby playing on the floor. I think they are putting healthy shows on to replace them. Who needs that??
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 9:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• ive never cared for AMC, and stopped watching years ago. OLTL on the other hand, is the only soap i will watch. my mom got me into it about 5 years ago. i dvr every episode and save it for 8-9pm when the kids are in bed and i can actually watch it in peace. like someone else said its my escape, and im sad its ending and i will miss it. i think instead of adjusting daytime television they need to re-do nighttime, look at all these retarded sitcoms and crime drama shows they keep coming up with. how many of each do we need?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I have watched AMC for years! It's probably been 30 years of viewing....even though at five I only remember it being on. It's too bad they are going to replace the shows with the things that people who watch the soaps are trying to escape if just for an hour. Another show about how you "should" be eating or what you "should" be doing with your life....you don't have to worry about that in Pine Valley!! lol I am sad they are ending.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I am kind of glad they are finally ending some soaps. I just hope they put something good on in it's place!
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 9:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I'm a little sad- I've been watching OLTL forever. I only get to see it about once every few months but I can still keep up!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I guess the push is making me think i need to do other things. It started when some of the actors left and the story lines got a bit much. I will not spend the time again on any replacements feel a bit had. Here is a site to watch other shows, I just needed to break the habit www.tvpc.com

sweet11-12

Comment by sweet11-12 (original poster) at 9:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I don't watch those. I'm a Days fan but it is sad that they are losing soaps. Long running ones at that. Maybe they will start up at least one new good soap up. Sorry to all those fans that lost their show(s).
    smileynikki712

Answer by smileynikki712 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2011