I have a low lying placenta at 19 weeks approx (2cm) from top of cervix whats the odds of it moving up or staying where it is ?

hefjack

Asked by hefjack at 9:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had that also.  It doesn't actually "move" but as your stomach stretches it can move up and out of the way.  That's what happened with mine.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i had placenta previa with my first and i was somewhere around 20 weeks or maybe a lil earlier, but it migrated up out of the way by the mid-end of third trimester.
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 12:05 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Chances are good!
    ;-)

Only a small percentage of women who have a low-lying placenta or previa detected on an ultrasound before 20 weeks still have it when they deliver their baby. A placenta that completely covers the cervix is more likely to stay that way than one that's bordering it (marginal) or nearby (low-lying). Overall, placenta previa is present in up to 1 in 200 deliveries.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:05 AM on Apr. 21, 2011