My 23 yr old daughter is back home, doesn't have a car, and is very rude and disrespectful.

My daughter is back home because she can't afford rent. This is the 3rd time in 5 years she is back, and I've had to kick her out twice. She has a vulgar mouth, and is very disrespectful to me. She has 2 younger brothers, and I do not like it. What should I do?

bluehaynes

Asked by bluehaynes at 9:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• give her a time to get out on her own,say 60 days,and them throw her out again

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Tell her she only has 30 days to figure things out or kick her out now. You are doing her a favor by taking her back in and if she cannot respect you and your rules then you need to put your foot down and tell her to get out!!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 9:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• throw her out again and tell her that this is not an option next time she can't make rent. she is a grown woman and she needs to start acting like it.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Tell her that this is her LAST warning....If she doesn't start being respectful and watching her mouth then she is OUT and you WILL NOT take her back in. And also if she isn't all ready then tell her she needs to help around the house and pay you some sort of rent. (If she doesn't have a job then she had say 30 days or so to get one or she is OUT. GL Mama!!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I'm in a similar boat, except, I'm 27 and have my SIL who is 20 living in my house, she has used my car for the last 6 months, out all the time, doesn't pay a cent, room is a disaster, and you can't tell her no because she apparently has borderline personality and can't handle it!
    I think I give her slack because I know she's stressed out and doesn't know how to handle it and she has a lot of underlying issues from her childhood. She really needs to see a counselor. Maybe your daughter is embarrassed and upset, and this is the only way she knows how to express herself, maybe there is something going on? Has she always been like this?
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 9:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I haven a cousin who is the same way towards his mother. She has kicked him out repeatedly. He is 27 and calling relatives to ask if he can stay with them. He knows not to ask me!
    But I have to say one thing though. His mother is known for her fair share of tantrums, theft, and slander.
    Have you done anything for her to disrespect you so?
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 9:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I'll crack the crap out of her personally. If my daughter ever disrespected me and she was over 18 and could defend her self she'd get a kick to the moon. I'm 23, but I know my mom would send me to space if i EVER disrespected her in her home; You're daughter needs a reality check and be told "YOU couldn't make rent, this is MY home, and if you're going to stay here and do nothing but break rules and disrespect me my hosue and your brothers then you can start paying me rent or you can get out."
    Jersey_class

Answer by Jersey_class at 9:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My mother in law said it perfectly about her own kids:

"This isn't a hotel, you can't check in and check out whenever you want"

lol
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 9:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I had to laugh at this quote "I'm 23, but I know my mom would send me to space if i EVER disrespected her in her home."

laughing

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• who let her back "in"??? I agree tell her shape up or ship out and DO IT
    starlight1968

Answer by starlight1968 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2011