Gave my dd roho?.. fever... eyes? ... huh?! (if you speak spanish/are catholic? might understand)

My (step) FIL is mexican and we where over at their house & they had other company over & before a lady left she touched my dd on the head & said something about giving her roha? (the word may be wrong-forgive me- I KNOW im spelling it wrong since its spanish)
Then she said it was something about spirit in her eyes? and fever?!

Im so lost!? Can anyone explain this to me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• meaning someone gave her the eye and didn't touch her. if they had touched her she wouldn't have a fever is what she was saying.
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 9:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Lol I have no idea sorry.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• All I know is "rojo" means red in Spanish. Could you ask your FIL?
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Did she touch her on the forehead? My parents used to do that and say like a little blessing. They were making a miniature sign of the cross on the forehead.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• yes, she touched her head. it was like a blessing, I was just caught off guard so what she said to me about it kind went over my head. So i was curious what it was. lol.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:30 AM on Apr. 21, 2011