Do you keep a "While You Wait" kit for your kids Like if they are waiting for you at the car shop or dr.s ect... JuicyJuiceUSA Bunch Member

autumnleavesfal

Asked by autumnleavesfal at 9:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• I keep cars, books, crayons, snacks and such in the bag for when I think we may have to wait.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My son has his little back pack full of toys, snacks, and a juice box. I change it out everytime we get ready to go somewhere.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 9:34 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Oh yes. His little backpack (that also has diapers, wipes, etc) always has a drink/snack, cars, crayons, etc. We always color on the paper that is in the doctor's office (tissue that lays on the beds/chairs). My iPhone has turned into a waiting room treat - there are many FREE educational game apps! My 2 year old son plays Memory and knows all of his shapes, and also likes to look through the pictures I have taken - mostly of him! Ha!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• If my iPhone and a Nintendo DS count than yes, we do.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Wow, I never thought about that. I don't remember too many times my kids had to wait with me for any reason. We did wait in the Doctor's offices, Dentist etc. occasionally, but not for very long and we didn't have snacks with us . We were not in the habit of eating between meals. We looked at magazines or kids' books in the waiting rooms. MAny times there were kids' tables with blocks and Legos to play with.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Not so much. We do carry snacks and we do have crayons and/or pens at all times, but even before I lost the diaper bag, there weren't many toys or books in it, and even so, my kids don't really do toys when there is a new place to discover.... and books... that takes maybe 2 minutes to read 3 times and theyr'e done. We look through magazines, go for walks, etc. My daughter wants to talk to everyone, climb on everything, look at all the magazines and cards out, go through every door, and visit the bathroom again and again. I could give her a real-life Dora and Boots and she'd say "wait till I've explored everything here". It's just her curious self. I don't allow too much of course. It's a bit of a battle. But it's part of my job.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• No, they were just expected to sit quietly and behave without being entertained. It rarely came up, though.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:45 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• You'd Better! It makes it easier to keep them seated and out of the way. Most importantly they are occupied and not hungry. I even throw my magazine and snack in too.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 7:39 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• yes, we have a bag of snacks, toys, books, and drinks! It helps allot!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:40 AM on Apr. 21, 2011