I was told my optic nerve swells and is pale

can anyone help me understand why? it is still a couple of days before i go to the neurologist and i am curious. but don't understand what i am reading.

chloesmama_2007

Asked by chloesmama_2007 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Health

• to me it means that it has decreased blood flow for whatever reason. i think you will have to have more tests to find out the cause.....gl and hope it can be resolved.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• The neurologist will probably do an MRI or some type of brain scan. Sometimes, pressure inside your head somewhere can cause a swell . . . numerous things can cause this, so the MRI will give them ALOT of answers. Sometimes, it is nothing, and you just happen to have a variation in the way that the nerve appears.

The docs are on it, and they will find out if there is anything to be concerned with or not.

Hugs.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• no idea, sorry
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:38 PM on Apr. 21, 2011