Have you tried the pillsbury (I think its that brand) cupcake frosting?

It looks so easy to just squirt onto the cupcakes I'd hate to waste my money if it tastes gross ;)

bootsky

Asked by bootsky at 9:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I think all the pre-made icings taste gross from all the preservatives and crap. home made is better and it's so easy to make. 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup) softened, 1 teaspoon vanilla or other flavoring, 1 teaspoon of milk and add powdered sugar gradually, one cup at a time, until stiff peaks form. Then color (if desired) scoop into a plastic freezer bag, squish it into one corner and snip the end. Instant piping bag. It tastes much better and is so easy to make. Not to mention you get more from a 99cent bag of powdered sugar and 1 stick of butter than you get from a $3 can.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 9:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I am not a fan of Pillsbury frosting though I have never tried that variety. When it comes to canned frosting I am all about Duncan Heinz or Betty Crocker.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Never tried it before.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I don't care for any of the pre-made frostings...to me they all taste like sweet plastic. It's not hard to make frosting from scratch, and you KNOW what you (and your kids) are eating.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 10:34 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I never tried and honestly probably never will. But, I'm interested to see what others think of it.
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 10:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I don't like anything pillsbury it's nasty
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 1:44 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i love those ones in the can by pillsbury that just squirt out of the top. the can is blue i believe it kinda looks like a ready whip can. i made red velvet cupcakes and bought the pillsbury cream cheese frosting and it was delicious
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:35 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Sorry, I've only used canned.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 12:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• we use it once in a while it is good but we prefer my homemade more
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• never tried it
    heathermichelle

Answer by heathermichelle at 4:46 AM on Apr. 22, 2011