Resume and Application problems: Lost contact with prior employers????

So, two out of the three businesses i've worked for in my lifetime have gone under and no longer exist, therefore I don't have a current phone number, or even the OLD phone number to give on my resume or applications I fill out. The third job that I worked, the boss that was there when I worked there retired...so I don't know who to put down for a contact there.
Any ideas of what in the heck I should do about all this craziness????? Please help! AND i've not worked in the past 6 years because I've been a full time SAHM

PLEASE BUMP SO I CAN GET A LOT OF FEEDBACK FROM DIFFERENT PEOPLE! I really appreciate the help! I'm lost! :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• I have had this issue. I just put the name of the job,address, name of supervisor and in the reason I left I state business closed. With that description they should already know no contact number is available. If done this and had several job offers. They just asked what I did there and that's basically it. I am know happily and gainfully employed.. Good luck!
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Sorry for typos..auto correct put if instead of I've and know instead now.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Thanks for the bumps all.....I really need some answers....hopefully there's someone that will have something for me! xo
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• What about your pay check stubs or Tax return forms. These forms should have work Addresses on them.

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Oh, I have addresses, but if the businesses don't exist anymore, and there's no phone number to contact a previous employer, AND it's a required field for an online application...how am I supposed to apply for a job and not have phone numbers for previous employers?
    Thanks for the help though!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• thank you thank you kaygia!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I just reread in the required number field put 000-000-0000 in the job descript state business closed phone number unavailable or do a google search for any old record of the job and what the old number was. Other one with the old boss retiring you can still put a number and HR would know what to do if there were to be a reference check.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2011