please help , what do u think ???????????????????

my 2 years old teacher, told me today that my son , sometimes he doesn't like to play with his friend and play by himself , she said that he goes to school 5 days and she can say that 2 days he like to play with friend and almost the 3 other days he almost play by himself , he doesn't just sit , but he plays but by himself , she said that if the kids are running around he runs like them but not almost with them (sometimes).

i'm concerned about that is this normal for his age , or is it because he miss home and don't want to go everydayy to school ????

how should i let him play with others , all th ekids loves him at school .

its worth to mention , that sometimes if we are at party and there is plenty of people and kids , he doesn't like to play rapidly with them he stay in my lab , untill the are few kids left and then he become playing , please help i need an answer

sil1

Asked by sil1 at 6:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• he might just be shy... he's only two i wouldn't be too concerned
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Maybe he is just shy. My kids are like that some times. Two is still very young! He is probably missing home a little. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 7:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• If your son is a happy content child, I wouldnt worry about it. He choses when he wants to play with others - thats cool. Hes been social when he wants to be.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• my daughter loves kids! but she is the same way at the park. She talks about seeing kids all day then when we get there, she just watches and plays with me or herself. Some children on the rare occasion will strike her interest and she will be by them and play a little with them. We feel like she is normal. She is intimidated with alot of children but 1 or 2 and she does okay. I never thought anything of it. Afterall she is only 2 just like your son. I wouldnt worry about it.
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 7:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Kids at that age don't play "with" eachother. Instead they engage in parallel play. I think he's OK.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• it's normal. He's still in parallel play, playing opposite a friend. He's still young. I've seen 3 year olds that still don't like to play with anyone else. I wouldn't worry just yet. You can also look up the age range for parallel play yourself for some reassurance.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 8:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• oh , thank you sooo much for your answers it made me really feel better theankyou a lot , ye you'r right he is only 2,
    how can i look for the parallel play , and where / is there a specific site here?
    thank you all again you are all so helpful
    sil1

Answer by sil1 at 10:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I read about it in child and ed Psyc books. Not sure about any good sites. I'd google it.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2008