Should I just unfriend?

I have a "friend" on my FB who's constantly griping and moaning about having no friends or reliable friends, etc. Just today, she posted she's tired of trying to be friends, etc., and just giving up. I so wanted to post "Yeah, I feel the same way. I don't know how many times I've invited you over, and you're always "too busy" or something else comes up. Good bye." I've also let her know that I cannot come over to her place because of her pets (I have a daughter who is highly allergic, and the allergist, last time I was there, said she was too young to get the shot. I'll be taking her again soon, though, so we'll see what he says :/).

I mean, I feel the same way she does. I've been living here for 8+ years, no friends to speak of, and I thought we could be really good friends. But it just seems like she doesn't want to try to make it work.

I think I already know what most of you ladies will say, but I guess I needed to get it off my chest before I did something drastic, like completely cut her out of my life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• There is an option on FB you can just block her feeds on your homepage; you can keep her as a friend but not be annoyed by her nonsence. I do it to most of my FB friends LOL
    Jersey_class

Answer by Jersey_class at 9:45 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I would.. the world is too big to be held back by someone who is never going to be happy with what they have. move on and let them find it on their own and come back to you later
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:40 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Sounds like she's just looking for attention. That sounds annoying to me! I'm sorry! I think I personally would be too chicken to unfriend her in case I ever saw her in public...
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 9:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Well, it seems to me like you are making the effort.  I would be a little offended that I keep making an effort and she keeps turning me down and then complaining about being tired of trying to be friends.  Sounds to me like she is whining and needs to get off her behind and be a little better to the friend she does have.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• oooo I forgot about that Jersey.. that is my favorite option. you can still be her "friend" but you don't have to deal with the crybaby attention drama.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• aww.. I would be telling her "come visit me! No doggies as dd has allergies but you are welcome! " She might get it then but then again not. If not, it's not for lack of you trying! People live day to day.. also keep your own campaign going for friends. It's up to you to build that for yourself.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Unfriend her. If she never wants to hang out at your home (knowing about the allergies) then go on about your business. Constant moaning about poor me ,, no friends, noone there for me.. " ATTENTION GET HER" that all it sounds like and since she's not getting the attention she craves... she makes comments about it.... You have your own baby to watch after.... not her too...
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 9:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• May be it would be best if you both spend some time away from each other. In a month or so ask your self if it would be worth it to get back together as friends .

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Okay on youor homepage you can see her status move your mouse to the right of the corner of her status [make sure your on the homepage] click that X that will pop up and you then click hide all post from Attention whore Smith or w/e her name is
    Jersey_class

Answer by Jersey_class at 10:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• How do I block her feed?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2011