Extreme Couponing

Has anyone seen this show on TLC? What's you opinion about extreme couponing?

I am amazed by how much money people can save, but it's so excessive. Personally, I would rather keep what I think I am going to use, and give the rest of it to local soup kitchens or shelters instead of having SO much stuff sitting around my house.

Namaste17

Asked by Namaste17 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• There are not stores around here that offer double coupons and the ones that they do send are mostly brands or things that I never use.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• love watching it,, but like you said, def excessive! I just got 3 free things of tape & lysol.. i think its so fun & smart to do when you arent over do'ing & wasting!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 9:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I'm watching it right now. I think it's great. Anyone can do this. One of the ladies goes dumpster diving...so even people on the streets are able to find/use coupons. I don't really look down on these guys for doing what it takes. How many homeless people are doing what it takes instead of waiting on someone to be charitable (I'm not saying it's not good to give to others, but rather we should all work hard for what we need/want).
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 9:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Sorry you didn't like my opinion....I just think it's a great way, if people are willing to do the work, to improve their own situations. I didn't know hard work was a thing of the past....
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 10:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I would love to master it. But I think there has to be a middle ground somewhere between not saving and hoarding. I don't see an issue with stock piling IF you have the room. My mother has a pantry that's larger than my entire kitchen, but for me, I just don't have the room. But I figure I would rather master this and do some serious saving and SHARE the wealth by donating what I don't need or sharing with friends and family who can use the stuff than continue what I'm doing and spend more than I need to.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I have fun saving money because it means we as a family can do other thing with that money.. save for college... vacations.. retirement... etc. BUT- I agree... extremes, can be bad for anyone. Like that one lady who has like enough diapers for 2 years and has no kids.... LOL! I was shocked....... I mean.. for Pete's sake.. she should perhaps give some away to people who actually have kids and are in need!! Maybe even the local teen mothers church group...?
    FingerPainter

Answer by FingerPainter at 11:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I think it's greedy. I think the show don't show everything I think they only do it for ratings and to be honest I think they pay more than the show leads you to believe and once they use up their coupons tlc picks up the slack on what's owed. they do it for ratings and nothing more. Who in hell wants a grocery store in their house and what about expiration?
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 1:43 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I like watching it and would love to learn about it so I wouldn't spend so much but I don't have the room to store stuff
    shadowia

Answer by shadowia at 8:05 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• From what I saw on the episode that aired last night, it seem slike a huge waste of time at the very least. The woman from Missouri got over 90 bags of croutons, candy, cokes, basically assorted junk. When I first saw the commercials for it I thought there would be something to learn that could benefit everyone but it seems everything but that. There is no real amount of grocery shopping done, just getting several newspapers and "buying" crap. I have not seen one of those stories that has any real value to regular people.
    Anonymous

• I like the show....definitely wish I knew how to coupon like they do!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 3:05 PM on Apr. 23, 2011