What would you do

im really debating telling my family here in ca im leaving. im on a fixed income and cant afford living in sunny ca any longer. i from north carolina and have loads of family out there. i know the cost of living is lower. the only thing stopping me is my youngest daughter. she isnt working and has two kids. they live with me and shes 20. i want to give her a deadline to get her act together. imnot worried about her so much as she alsways telling me how she can take care of herself. im worried about my grandsons

stressedoutgran

Asked by stressedoutgran at 10:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• sometimes you have got to let a baby bird fly on their own wings... worse comes to worse they follow you in a few months
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Where in CA do you live? I live in a small town in Northern California (Lodi) and it's not really that expensive (renting a 2bd 2 ba duplex for $700 a month) Maybe if you decide to stay in CA...a smaller town would be a better option...good luck with your decision mama....oh as far as what i would do about your daughter, I guess that depends on how much of a help she is around the house, she's not working but is she making herself useful?
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 10:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• she cant one of her babies dad they have a court order she cant take my grandson out of ca. even though hes going in the army,pays no child support, and only sees his son when his mom arranges it.
    stressedoutgran

Comment by stressedoutgran (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• we live in san diego. she does help out a little she was a teen mom . she finished high school worked part time and raised her son with my help. but the she got pregnant with her second child 3 years later. i realize its hard on her but its hard on all of us. her youngest was born christmas night. so i realize too she needs time to recover. but its put a strain on all of us emotionally as well as fininically. she really is a terrific mom.
    stressedoutgran

Comment by stressedoutgran (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• does she want to move? is there anyway to go back to court to change the orders so she could move - this does seem like a change in finanical issues. I don't have grandchildren, but I would worry as well, I sure.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• AT FIRST SHE DID WE WERE GOING TO ARZONIA . THEN SHE CHANGED HER MIND. SHE WOULD NEED TO SAVE UP BIG TIME TO MOVE OUT ON HER OWN IF SHE STAYS HERE, I THINK SHE NEEDS TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL EITHER A COMMUNITY SCHOOL OR A VOCOTIONAL ONE. BUT IM JUST HER MOM SHELL NEVER LISTEN TO ME.
    stressedoutgran

Comment by stressedoutgran (original poster) at 1:24 AM on Apr. 21, 2011