Uh, how about their mom watches them ?

I am soooo sick and tired of my aunt and grandma bugging about babysitting my cousins kids ( actually it is my cousins wife's kids) ... honestly I don't even like my cousin that much ( he only comes around the family when he needs something and even then he acts like a giant a$$) .

I am a stay at home mom of 2 small kids and I also babysitt a little boy. They constantly say " why don't you watch those kids, you have nothing to do" .... and then if I dont or avoid being asked to, I get a guilt trip and they try to act like I hate the kids or something.... I finally just said that I dont like watching them because it is too hard. ( meaning it is hard have 5 small children ( plus 2 dogs) in a tiny house ( we have less than 700 sqft and a tiny yard) .. my aunt will say " well i work all day, I am old and I come home and have them almost everyday" ... well that is her fault, and she only has to watch the two of them - and they listen to her ( with me, they laugh, not listen)

The facts are... I AM busy, I DO, do things during the day, I Do like the kids - I just dont like their parents, I wont get paid and I have to use our food and my sons diapers and clothes because she wont send any. Their parents want "time alone" and therefore they need a babysitter ... well I just might want time alone with my husband too ... They are not my children to watch... and just becuase I am a SAHM doesnt mean I have all the time in the world to take care of other peoples kids !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• hold your ground.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• im on your side. even if they had a legit reason and money to pay you, that doesn't mean you have time, or are avalible
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i would say well that sounds like (insert parent's names here) problem. it's not my problem and it's not your problem. they will have to figure something out. end of story and just say that everytime she brings it up. don't feel bad.....it's not your problem!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Tell her what you just wrote on here. It is all true. I still think it is rediculous when people think SAHMs don't do anything all day. And they aren't your kids.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i agree with you. family does not equal automatic babysitter.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You are right. You have every reason in the world to NOT watch them.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• No means no. Just say it and don't let other people make you feel bad.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Don't let them make you feel guilty. You are %100 right. Why should you have to provide everything for their kids and receive no reimbursement. Tell them you are not a daycare center, you do not have room for five kids and they are not the only parents who want alone time. They need to suck it up and HIRE A BABYSITTER or stop dumping their kids on family and watch them themselves. I'll only ask my relatives to watch our son maybe once a month and even then I feel bad because someone else is watching my child. And it is entirely unacceptable for them to not send diapers and a change of clothes and maybe some snacks.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 10:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You've got your hands full and are under no obligation to them. Hang in there!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2011