IPAB=Death Panel?

IPAB stands for Independent Payment Advisory Board. The board of 15 who will decide if you get the medicine you need or how much the government should pay Drs and hospitals who treat medicare patients (as well as anyone else). These are the people who will decide if the drugs we have worked for so many years to find cures for or retard disease (not to mention spent billions on) are worth all that time and money.

This panel will not be sending out personal death notices but they will be the cause of some deaths. is there a difference?
Should 15 people of Obamas choice be in charge of your (or anyones)health and well being, period?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• where is SriveroC when I need her to tell me, Obama would never implement Healthcare rationing??
    Another I told ya so moment and it was worth the 12 month wait.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• oh damn...no longer a CM member, must have gotten tired of defending The Jackass over and over and over again. LMAO
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Or maybe she is still here under a new name? I know, it's never happened before, but there is always a first for everything. And a second and a third. Come to think of it, we know of a few people that have reinvented themselves a few times. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Oh quinn, I think we know she is. When the fight gets uphill, the new identities come out~ wouldn't want all those past remorseful statements to be brought back up
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Hmmmm so Sarah Palin was right? Who would have thought that and will anyone ever admit it?

Doesn't surprise me a bit! There is no way you can provide healthcare for everyone without rationing it somehow. People can say it's possible a trillion times and it doesn't it make it so or more believable!
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 10:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• And let me reread my crystal ball outlook from the year old post....The rationers will be males appointed by Obama and Women's Healthcare will be the first to be rationed starting with Mammograms and Pap Smears. !!!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:34 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• There are NO death panels in Obama care. Your sadly misinformed.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• What nonsense . " Death Panels " ! No such thing .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Why would you care Janet, coming to the US for Healthcare?

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• On second thought maybe Sriver got the boot for violating TOS, seems more likely.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2011