How do you reign your house back in when it has gotten out of hand?

For me, it seems like I can't spend too much time on one area or I throw in the towel. LOL. I think I have to spend about 10 mins in each room and move on...come back to it after I have made my circulations.

Any guesses what I'm doing tomorrow? EGH! It has been a hectic week and tomorrow I have to restore order. BOO!

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Home & Garden

• "out of hand" you mean messy???
    I clean it.... It is rare it gets too out of hand.

Although 2 months ago we had all the down stairs floors replaced and had to empty EVERY room... that took me a good couple of days to get back into order!!
    Anonymous

• Luckily my hubby is the housecleaner, but when I have to do housework, I start with the smallest room first. For me, it's the bathroom. I turn music up loud, sing along, and allow myself about two songs for every room. It may sound corny, but I've done it since high school and it makes it go by pretty fast!
    LoraGardiner

Answer by LoraGardiner at 10:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I start with the dishes. The kitchen is the center of our house- and it seems like once I get the dirty cups, etc. taken care of I am motivated to do a little bit more. I also have a plastic tub in our laundry area that is a "rotating donation" box- whenever I get sick of picking up a toy that is dragged out but never played with or notice that a shirt, pants or something else doesn't fit well anymore it goes right in. I drop off a tub of random crap to our GoodWill store every couple of weeks:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• yes, soemtimes if a room is a big mess then i start but can't finish and move on. better to tackle one corner at a time.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 11:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Ummm. personally I always have a clean home, if you clean for 2 hours a day, it gets to the point where it only takes 45 minutes because you are consistant!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:15 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I try to not let it get out of hand. I always clean on my first day off during the week. i sweep the kitchen daily and keep the bathrooms in order. Everyone else is responsible for their own messes and keeping their rooms clean,.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I wait for my boyfriend to have a day off and usually by that point I'm irritated that he hasn't helped at all so I just do it all on own.
    deadpplrmyhero

Answer by deadpplrmyhero at 3:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Well...I made a lot of progress today, but I think my back is broken now. LOL. Maybe I will finally put myself into labor.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i use the "box" method and try to get things back into the rooms where they belong... then do what i can as i go... i clean the bathroom while the ladeis are in the tub... load the dishwasher while dinner is cooking etc.
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2011