I know this is an odd question but my DH asked me if I thought if farts catch on fire and no I am not a troll obviously I am using my name. Just wondered what I should say to him has anyone tried it or know someone who has ?

christinahenry

Asked by christinahenry at 10:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• The gas coming out of your butt WILL ignite and can seriously burn you. Havnt you watched MythBusters?? LOLOL And a few movies, and I saw a few dummy's do it in College.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• they proved it on mythbusters that they do
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I thought every male in America has tried this at summer camp.
    I wouldn't let the ol man try it if he is a little hairy down there.
    Farts are methane and methane is highly combustible. I suggest Youtube for fun tonight.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yes, my very uncouth cousin demonstrated this by holding a lighter behind him and POOF -- it will -- but the flame can also travel backwards to where the gas was expelled from
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• haha yes they do... when I was in highschool we were having a basketball slumber party and we tried it on one of the twins on our team..... ahaha it lit her butthole on fire ahahaha OMG i needed that laugh
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• my sister made a campfire go out once by doing that lol
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I saw someone do it once. It's true. And pretty awesome, if you have no attachment to the person doing it and so aren't scared shitless (no pun intended) that he'll hurt himself.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I think they did an mythbusters episode on that, check out discovery.com
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Guys always do that. it happens I guess. But I haven't devoted too much time to thinking about it and wondering if it is true. Not really that interesting.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Thanks ladies for not calling me a troll and thank you for the answers as well
    christinahenry

Comment by christinahenry (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2011