What do you think of the world coming to an end

The guy I work for talks about this all the time, although I don't go to church I believe in the Lord. This topic scares the beegeezus out of me and I'm not quite sure how to tell him I rather not discuss it. the whole thought just about puts me in panic mode...all i want is for my kids to get to grow up and be able to watch them get married and have children of their own and even great grandchildren...what is your opinion on this subject? are you scared of this?

suhweetness

Asked by suhweetness at 10:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, its not going to happen. Tell the guy at work that he should just relax. YOU too.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• how do you know?
    suhweetness

Comment by suhweetness (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Why be scared? If it is going to end, there is nothing we can do to stop it, so we might as well enjoy the ride until it's over. Nothing in life is guaranteed except death. You can't live life afraid of the end, because when the end gets here, you don't want to look back and say "Damn, look at what I wasted being scared of things I couldn't control."
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I think well yes at some point the world is going to end.  Look at everything going on around us.  Complete chaos.  I do not believe however that anyone can say when it is exactly going to happen.  I'm not even sure I believe it will be a "big bang" thing.  It's slowly been happening over time period.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Oh and yes I've thought about wanting to see my children grown up (if the world ended before then) but then I try to think about it in a positive light.  None of us would ever have to deal with not having the other, we'd all go together.  Gotta stay positive.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Bring it on! Come Lord Jesus, COME!! Amen. With how evil, greedy, wasteful and self obsessed as the world seems today annihilation of ourselves is only a matter of time.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• ditto to what spiritedtwitch said...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I think, why worry about something you have NO control over, so live, and don't dwell on it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Eventually all planets are destroyed. The suns that their solar systems revolve around burn out and implode taking the near by planets and stars with them. Eventually that will happen to our earth as well. But judging from the state of our sun and what they know of other suns (and stars) which this has happened to, most scientists agree on a time period of about 4 to 6 Billion years until that happens. Since I don't plan on surviving that long I don't worry about it.

I grew up in a family where your co-workers beliefs were shared and taught as if they were proven fact. We were taught all the signs predicted in the Bible and shown how they are coming to pass. But here's the thing about predictions like those, if you make a prediction broad enough and wait long enough it's GOING to come true. That doesn't mean your prediction was right, it simply means you have enough common sense to predict the eventual.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You shouldn't listen and take seriously these know it alls who predict the apocalypse will be in our lifetimes . This has been going on for centuries and they were always wrong . MY PREDICTION is that they will continue to be wrong .

They - and you - could make better use of time by working to make the world a better place to live in now, instead of worry worting about the future .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2011