Home Daycare

How did you go about starting one up?
How much do you charge?
Did you get licensed? Was that a difficult process?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• all the information you need should be on-line and can print a packet and the application forms. Look up Department of Health and there is a tab showing license daycare. I heard at the doctor's office the other day, my kids are too old for daycare - that these mom's were paying $8. an hour, $150 and $170 a week for child care. that was per child. I was shocked, I remember paying $11.75 a day and thinking that was alot, way back when... LOL
    I've never had a home daycare but two of my friends have had. Don't forget that everything you buy for the daycare you can write off on your taxes, so keep reciepts..
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My children are in an in-home daycare, and the provider is licensed by our state. She charges $40/day for part time (less than 4 days) or $175/week. As SassySue said, you should be able to get all the requirements from your local licensing entity.
    NooraK

Answer by NooraK at 9:24 AM on Apr. 22, 2011