Single Mommy, how can I be a stay at home mommy?

Any work at home jobs that actually pay well?
Could I actually make money at a home daycare? (I pull in $12 an hour right now)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• Anything is possible but I doubt you could make enough right away to quit your job and stay home. It takes TIME to build a business and get enough kid's.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:35 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My issue would be not having inusrance, what if I or my own child was ill. If staying home running a daycare. I have also thought about opening a daycare. Although, my kids are older now and in school - so, I continue to work outside the home.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I think its interesting that you consider working from home being a SAHM. I work from home fully time, its VERY hard. I do not consider myself a SAHM. I'm a working mom, who stays home. I am thankful for the flexibility, but I'm telling you that I am going to die early from the stress. Its not all its cracked up to be. GL.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:40 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Working while raising kids is not easy, whether you are at home or away from home. When you are at home, the kids won't leave you alone. They always want your attention. An at-home daycare is an interesting idea but I agree, with vbruno - it will take time to build a business. Plus you have to be concerned about licensing costs, safety, etc. It's a huge responsibility. You could try something simple and easy, like sell stuff on eBay while you are still working. See how you do and go from there...
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 10:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Have you thought about eBay?  For me, it's the best solution.  I can make great money very easily without any overhead.  I love it!    However, if you're interested in other opportunities, I blog about ideas and such.  You are more than welcome to ready through my blog if you'd like at Mavi's Home Work.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I have a great opportunity for you Anon! you can pull in 100 bucks per head! And the best part is you're offering a product that not many people have but everyone could use! Call this 4 minute phone call and check it out. Shoot me a message the minute you are done so we can get you enrolled NOW.
    919-786-3600 Yes, you CAN make more than $12.00 an hour!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 11:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Turn key business for women

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/03/21/earlyshow/living/ConsumerWatch/main20045344.shtml

http://www.shaklee.com/index.shtml

Also if you have a skill post it on you tube with google ads

sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 11:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I am a stay at home Mommy to my 6 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we are dedicated to helping other Moms work from home since 1999!. We have free training, and unlimited support. NO Selling, NO Parties, NO RISK!!! It's an enjoyable and flexible home business.

I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals! Message me if you're interested:)

Kaye924

Answer by Kaye924 at 11:35 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Opening a daycare is possible the only problem with that is it costs money to start and you might not have a constant flow of kids you need to support your self. Maybe you could try being a virual assistant. Look it up and and see, I have a few friends who do this making 30k and saying home only wirking about 25hrs/week.

Good luck and please keep us updated on how you are doing with this.
    ConcernedMomma2

Answer by ConcernedMomma2 at 10:23 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• YOu can call social services and ask what you need to do in order to become a certified day care provider through the state. My ex mil did this and she had 6 kids, and made $150 a week per kid, paid by the state. This was 10 yrs ago, so maybe prices have gone up. It was also guaranteed money since the parent did not pay her, the state did.
    When I was a single mom I waited tables and made $18-20 an hour. I was able to work around 25 hours a week and still pay the bills. I wasnt a sahm mom per say, but I was home alot.

Answer by gemgem at 10:27 AM on Apr. 21, 2011