Tooth extractions?

My son (almost 7) had a dental appt today and they recommended having a couple of teeth pulled because his two front bottom teeth have come in sideways. I'm wondering if any other moms have had this issue with their kids. If they pull those two teeth out, it may make room for the front ones to shift and straighten out, but then where will the adult teeth for the ones that were pulled grow? Won't those grow in crooked then? Is it worth it?

Renee3K

Asked by Renee3K at 10:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Kids' Health

• My sons bottom 2 in the middle were crooked and they pulled them. They were baby teeth so it didnt matter. Make your dentist answer your questions. Your entitled to an explanation You understand. My sons adult teeth came in straight and no further issues.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Well, the 2 front bottom teeth that are sideways are adult teeth, which is why they'd like to remove the baby tooth on each side.
    Renee3K

Comment by Renee3K (original poster) at 10:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I am a dental hygienist and we do that all the time! Its ok... ortho next!
    christinawillis

Answer by christinawillis at 9:55 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Doing these small adjustments now will make the braces it sounds like he will need not as bad. If you start correcting now, he might not have to wear braces for as long and thus be cheaper in the long run.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 1:29 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I don't know but here's a bump
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 9:12 AM on May. 23, 2011

• Fix it now.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:16 AM on May. 23, 2011

• ask your dentist these questions before getting any work done alot of dentists recommend work that doesn't necessarily need to be done right away.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:44 AM on May. 23, 2011

• As a former dental assistant here's what I would do if it were my son -- I would have the teeth extracted and then ask if DDS if he feels that orthodontics will be needed ,and if so when. I would also ask him which orthodontist he prefers.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:21 AM on May. 23, 2011

• id talk and ask more questions to ur dentist
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 9:14 PM on May. 28, 2011