How do i help my 2 1/2yr old daughter deal with leaving her dads

She freaks out almost every time I come to get her. She screams and cries like she is getting her leg cut off... She never ever cries like that. She goes to her dad on the weekends and he lets her do what she wants (she has thee worst attitude for days when she comes back), gives her candy and has a little buddy to play with. Her dad's girlfriend has a 3 yrs old little boy.
I don't like her having candy, so she rarely gets it here. What can i do??? It kills me to see her cry like that. It also makes me feel like she doesn't want to be with me :(

jayra

Asked by jayra at 10:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put your foot down. Tell her father he can't "buy her love". that you don't allow her to have candy and you don't want him giving it her all the time. Maybe right now shes having attachment issues with her father. It may not be that she doesn't want you..but she may desperately need that father daughter relationship. alot of girls do. Maybe try seeiung if she can stay there an extra day or two every other week..and see how she acts then?
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 10:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Come up with something to do together after you pick her up from her dads. Rather its goin to her favorite park or taking her to McDonalds. Find something she highly enjoys doing and make is a ritural you two do when you pick her up each and everytime. I know it sounds like bragging but it will help you with your feeling of her not wanting to be with you and she won't throw a fit when its time to go home.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 10:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2011