How bad is labor im soooooooooooo scared!!!

scaredmom000

Asked by scaredmom000 at 10:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's horrible.  And then it's over.  Don't be scared.  Mentally prepare.  Your mind is your worst enemy, in my opinion, when it comes to labor.  Research, watch women giving birth so that you can see what happens. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• lol the worst part is the end but then its over fast! u will b ok! maybe taking some classes will help u out!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I don't want to sound too gross, but it feels like you have to take the biggest crap in the world. It hurts don't let anyone tell you it doesn't, but the second you hold your baby all that pain is forgotten. I've had 4 natural labors and 1 c-section. I hated having a c-section because the pain comes after...I like to just get it over with and go home. lol Good luck, your body will know what to do, so don't worry.
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It can go good, or bad or horrible but I promise once you hold your baby you will forget EVERYTHING. It is SO worth it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It really depends, as it is different for all women. Some suffer for 18 hours or more, while other go by on 5-6 hours without incident. Personally I barely even felt any sort of 'pain' until I was 5 hours in. The best thing you can do is simply prepare yourself by not stressing, or even taking a labor class. There will be medical care and close friends or family to help you through it. Millions before you have gone through it, you'll be fine.
    EdwinsMommy

Answer by EdwinsMommy at 10:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It's going to hurt, and it is alot of work, but honestly it is so worth it. You will be ok, just prepare and become familier with the process. GL, you will do great
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It is a surprise. By the time it comes- you will be so pregnant you will be BEGGING to go into labor. Once it starts, you will wish it was over. It hurts to the point that you almost forget you are having a baby for a while- until you start pushing. Then you remember that you are FINALLY going to meet the person you have created in your body. The final few pushes are intense. A lot of burning. The second the child comes out you forget all about labor and have an out of body experience. It is unreal. The healing can be uncomfortable, but the memory of labor becomes a few key moments and a couple of laughable memories.

Freaking out about it is inevitable, but there is no reason to be scared. Billions of women have done it and so can you! Congratulations!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Natural childbirth is painful and it's like no other pain. That is why it's called labor pain.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• take your bottom lip and pull it straight out and then up and over your head until it reaches the nape of your neck.
    Yup, that's labor.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I am not a very good example... I was in labor for 4 days before having a c-section, i was 22 the time... the pain just feels like a really bad period or gas cramp but i mean really bad no mistaking it.... but be smart and take any help they offer, pain meds epidural everything, it does not affect the baby like people like to scare people saying it does, they are just stuck up fake organic eating people who like to look like they care by saying half baked stupid comments...
    Tiewaz

Answer by Tiewaz at 11:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2011