If your children are interracial..........

Do you get asked a lot what you put in their hair?  I've been asked 3 times in the past 2 weeks if I give my 4 year old perms.  Her hair is curly.  Doesn't a perm make their hair straight?  Maybe I'm just hormonal but it's starting to irritate the crap out of me.

MrsHouston47302

Asked by MrsHouston47302 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• No, but I do get asked this question a lot: "How in the world do you take care of that hair?? It's soooooo curly. I bet it's really hard to take care of" LOL! My daughter has THE most whacked out fro I have ever seen, and she's half Mexican! It's too cute.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 11:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I do have a regimend, lol.  I think I'm just being an ass.  I keep getting asked all kinds of crazy crap.  Like if her hair is a wig, if her hair is hard to get a brush through.  I don't even use a brush.  Normally I understand the need to talk to other moms and trying to start up a conversation can be hard and uncomfortable but for tonight, I'm letting it piss me off, lol.  Tomorrow I'll go back to normal.

MrsHouston47302

Comment by MrsHouston47302 (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• BTW, I think there are perms for curling and straightening. I so want to get a relaxer for my daughter's hair, but I've been told not to because it's damaging. Her hair does get on my nerves sometimes. LOL.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 11:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I am interracial and my hiar is CRAZY. its black at the roots and for abotu 1 inch..then the rest is white..lol but the color is def. my indian!! my oldest has my hair too!! tell people to mind their own bussiness..

ask them what they put in THEIR hair..they probaly shut up!!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 11:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2011