After a whole day of cleaning and now this...

I go to physical therapy for my back 2 times a week. i am 20 weeks pregnant...

Today i was on my hands and knees cleaning floors and doing alot of bending over for laundry and picking stuff up...

My back has been hurting and about 10 minutes ago i lifted my shirt and asked my boyfriend how my back looked because it hurt so bad...

"Holy shit its all swollen" thats what he said to me...is my back supposed to swell like this during pregnancy?

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 7:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No! I've never even heard of that! You need to get to the ER honey!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Your back is not supposed to swell at all. Pregnancy or no. Get it checked. It could be kidneys or strained muscles. Good luck!
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 7:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• No I dont think it is. You must have hurt yourself doing the work you did. I would lay down and relax and maybe use some heat to relax your muscles. If you get to where you cannot move or real stiff I would call the doctor and see if you can be seen to make sure you didnt hurt yourself really badly.

Answer by gemgem at 7:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• no its not id go to the doctor!
    Anonymous

• no it sounds like you did to much. give yourself a break your pregnant why are you getting on the floor scrubing it. make your boyfriend do it. you need to sit down and relax.
    Anonymous

• It does not sound like it's pregnancy related. Since you obviously have back problems and your going to physical therapy I would have to say it's just a muscle issue, not a pregnancy induced issue.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• hes gonna massage my back for me to see if that helps
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 7:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• take a tylanol and rest if it doesnt go down id go to the dr!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2008