Waiting 3 months after a miscarriage to try again...

We had a miscarriage early on in march, and are eager to try again....they told us that the recommend waiting 3 months before trying again, incase the same thing were to happen....

Just curious, has anyone ever had a successful pregnancy if they didn't wait the 3 months after a miscarriage??

katieandchris01

Asked by katieandchris01 at 11:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• 1st of all, so sorry for your loss. I've had 2, myself. Although I didn't get pregnant within 3mos of my miscarriage, I do know that they recommend it so your hormones can settle back to normal. Your body was pregnant, then it wasn't. It takes a little while to settle back to normal. You want your hormones as normal as possible when you try again. That way, it's easier to tell your levels when you DO get pregnant.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• thank you, my levels were down to 200 the day they found out they dropped..they suspect I miscarried within 2 days of my levels being at 200... I would think that the pregnancy levels are totally gone now, being that happened in March....I'm just finishing up with my 2nd period since the miscarriage...so hopefully it wont be long before we are able to conceive again...
    katieandchris01

Comment by katieandchris01 (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I'm so sorry. I'm afraid I had several miscarriages as well, and I did get pregnant before the 3 months, and miscarried again.

Try to be patient...you don't have that much longer to wait ( I know it seems like forever when you want a baby), but it's devastating to miscarry again.

Best wishes.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Well, special prayers for you, Sweetie. Good luck!

hugging

specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• you all are so sweet, thank you so much.....though its not been easy, it makes it a lot better to know there's other mommies out there that have experienced the same thing....thanks girls!
    katieandchris01

Comment by katieandchris01 (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• YW. And TY, too. It's nice to know we can help each other.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I had a miscarriage at 6w and got pregnant again right away, same cycle no period. That pregnancy was my oldest son.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• How far along were you? I miscarried at 7 weeks a few years ago and was only told to wait 1 cycle. After that I think it only took 2 tries and I was pregnant again. My daughter is 3 1/2 now and it's a little hard to remember the details anymore. I know I was originally due right around my birthday, which is July 18th, I miscarried after 7 weeks, waited about 1 monoth before I started trying again. When I got pregnant again and my daughter was due November 10th.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:20 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• well, they estimated that I was about 3-4 weeks along, baised on my pregnancy levels when I was at the ER due to cramping and spotting. That was a Tuesday...

They say your levels are supposed to double every 2-3 days, and so they had me come back on friday to test the levels again. They said they had gone down, meaning a miscarriage for sure... and by that day, they were already down to 200....and I miscarried that weekend...

So, we're thinking I really wasnt that far along because I had been having my period, but my last one I had was pretty much normal, but I was spotting afterwards...we only knew for about 2 weeks that I was pregnant before the miscarriage....

I thank God for that, because I know some women that get as far as a week before they are supposed to deliver, when they find out the baby no longer has a heart beat...

Thank goodness that didn't happen.....
    katieandchris01

Comment by katieandchris01 (original poster) at 8:10 AM on Apr. 21, 2011