• In the Spotlight:

Help with leaking diapers!

Son is 16mths and is leaking through his diapers at night. We have tried many brands and still leaking. Any tips or tricks?

mom23ks

Asked by mom23ks at 7:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I find pampers to have been the best for not leaking. Also, it helps not to give them any liquids an hour or so before going to bed.
    ilovemaddie07

Answer by ilovemaddie07 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• My son did the same thing,so what I had to do and it sounds kind of crazy but it works......I put a maxipad in his diaper and it almost always worked.
    andrea515

Answer by andrea515 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• http://www.kushiesonline.com/Flushable-Biogradable-Diaper-Liners-p/l545.htm

Walmart Sells these. It might help. Good luck.

Kushies Diaper liners
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Huggies supreme were great for me. They're the same price as the regular ones my more absorbent or try putting him into the smallest size of pull ups. And like PO try not to give them any liquids an hour before bed.

boy on a swingboy on a swing 

EMTmom119

Answer by EMTmom119 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Huggies also makes an overnight diaper. My son is two and I usually only use either pampers or luvs but they don't cut it at night. But I'm very pleased with the Huggies Overnights, they are a little more money, but if you think about if you only use one a night so they last pretty long.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 7:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Two words..Huggies Overnights..the PERFECT solution!!!
    bamsmama23

Answer by bamsmama23 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Ditto to bamsmama23!
    ProudSingleMum

Answer by ProudSingleMum at 1:09 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Both my girls did this... we went up one size in diapers and it solved the problem.
    adoptivemommy24

Answer by adoptivemommy24 at 1:32 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• if you watch how much liquids and when your giving your child liquids you should be able to solve the problem. i always give my daughter milk at dinner and then around 7ish give her a snack with natural sugars with a cup of milk or water that way the liquids goes through their system a little quicker. and if your worrid they need a little more to drink before give them some just watch how much.
    KennedyRenaeMom

Answer by KennedyRenaeMom at 1:42 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I actually found that the Parent's Choice brand at Walmart works best. My DS leaked thru luvs, huggies, pampers. Tried the Parent's Choice I'm never going back. Plus the big box of them is $13.50! Which is a huge bonus!
    britngavin

Answer by britngavin at 4:10 AM on Dec. 3, 2008