How do you know if you're just in a funk or it's time to end the relationship?

I've been with my SO for just over 3 years and things have lost the spark. We rarely do anything together anymore and it seems like we are always arguing about something. He doesn't in understand why I get upset when he gets his "me" attitude going. What happened to "we" and "us"?

SassyMom71

Asked by SassyMom71 at 11:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• I ended my last relationship probably because of just a funk - and I regreat it. =-( I would ride it out, say three more months and see how it feels... Most importantly, you should be able to talk to your partner about any issues. (I didn't do that and blamed myself for the most part) Good Luck...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I'm going to recommend a couple of Christian books to you. Now, if you aren't a Christian, you can ignore the Biblical mentions if you'd like, but I think both are awesome reads.

First, I'd like to mention "The 5 Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. Find out what each other's love languages are, and start "speaking" them. It may be foreign to you at first, but just like learning an actual foreign language, it'll start becoming second nature.

The second would be "The Love Dare". Its similar to the other book, but it incorporates all of the love languages and gives you little tasks to do for each other every day. Plus, you can journal how you are feeling about that particular task, how he received it, etc.

If neither of these work for ya, then perhaps its time to say "good bye" to the relationship.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My SO and I had problems like that in the 1st year, 3rd year, 5th year, and now. We are still holding on strong. All relationships go thru a hard point, and if you two really love each other, you will figure out a way to work it out. We Did and others have, too. GOOD LUCK!!!!
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 11:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Hang in there, it gets better. That is what marriage is, hanging in through the tough times. It's not all wonderful all the time, it's life!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• 1 year mark and 3 year mark are hands down THE hardest. If you can make it past this, your set
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 8:46 PM on Apr. 21, 2011