Does your husband snore? OMG!! What have you done to ease YOUR PAIN if so??

FingerPainter

Asked by FingerPainter at 11:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• My husband does not snore, but my grandfather did. I asked my grandma how she could stand the snoring for 49 years and she said " I could stand it because when it started each night, I knew he was in MY bed and not someone else's".

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yes, and he normally sleeps on the couch because of it! The other night, he actually fell asleep in MY bed, and I didn't get any sleep that night :/ (I can't just go to the couch, I need to be able to hear my alarm go off in the mornings, plus I wouldn't have been able to sleep there anyway.)

He works until after midnight, and I'm usually asleep long before he gets home, so not to disturb me, he usually just crashes on the couch. Obviously that night he wasn't at work. I've been a horrible b the last couple days because I've been so tired :(
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I made him go to the doctor, where he was ordered a sleep test & diagnosed with fairly severe sleep apnea. He opted for surgery and life has been much better since!
    Anonymous

• Yes, which is part of the reason he doesn't share a room with me. Yet, from 3 rooms away and through 3 closed door he STILL wakes me up!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I wake him up for some hanky panky that way i'm soo tired I knock out and hear NOTHING lol [if it's tmi i'm sorry but i'm just keeping it 100% with you LOL]
    Jersey_class

Answer by Jersey_class at 11:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My husband snores like a freight train. I've found that if I put on the television (kind of like white noise) and set the timer, that I will usually fall asleep. Normally once I'm asleep it doesn't bother me.....and Sleeping Beautee, I'm with your grandmother. I'd rather be in bed with him snoring, than have either of us anywhere else!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I actually don't have this problem. I do have a problem living in a military housing duplex where the brilliant minds behind constructing the house put the master bedrooms next to each other and made it to where the only wall you can put your bed on is the one we share. And the walls are super thin. I actually have problems with my neighbor's husband snoring!
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 11:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Tangleballlover, do you live in Centennial housing at Ellsworth AFB?

Because that is EXACTLY what happened in those complexes! Idiot designers!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:05 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• He does sometimes. I make him turn onto his side and he normally stops.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My hubby snores if he's on his back sometimes. I just nudge him and make him turn over. There have been a few nights where I just moved to the couch, though. LOL.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2011