car accident while prego

I was in a car accident last night. i was rear ended by someone going 60mph. im 8 weeks preg and i went to the hospital and they said the baby is ok but im worried. my back and neck werent hurting too bad earlier but now im in pain so im just worried about the baby. does anyone know what are the chances of something going wrong with the pregnancy because of the accident even tho the baby was ok earlier? im so worried.

blondie09

Asked by blondie09 at 7:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You need to follow up with your OB in the morning.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• It's normal for you to start hurting now. It can take some time for you to feel the effects of the impact. But your baby is very well cushioned in there, so the effects to your baby should be far less than what you feel. I would think you are most likely in the clear at this point. But for your own piece of mind, give your doctor a call in the morning and ask.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 7:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• my friend who was pregnant she was further along actually rear ended someone and her baby was fine. but i would just follow up with your OB and take it easy tonight!!! DON"T take anything other than tylenol if you hurt and id still refrain from that
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• If you didn't sustain any injuries, then the baby should be fine..he/she is in the amniotic sac and can withstand alot.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• You should be fine. I was in the same thing beginning of Nov. (I was 17 wks.) Went to the ER, and everything was fine. The baby is still SO small that there is A LOT of cushioning around him/her! Follow up with your doc at your next appt and you can take tylenol for any muscle pain!! Good Luck!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 10:18 AM on Dec. 3, 2008