what is a good type of birth control?

i have tried the mini pill and the mirena iud....i am very sensitive to those hormones..and they make me as my hubby said kinda loopy..very moody and just a mess...i am curently using condoms but i really dont care for them.. what are other birth control options? and what are your experiences with them? is there a non hormonal birthcontrol a woman can use efectively? we currently have 2 kids and dont know if we want more. so i am not yet ready to take the plunge and get my tubes tied. i am only 24.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Health

• You could get a regular IUD without hormones. You could get a diaphragm. And you could use spermicidal products.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 7:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• If you have regular, predictable periods, you could try a fertility awareness method. This is simply just knowing when you are fertile and avoiding sex, or using condoms during that time. There are many books you can read on fertility awareness. This method requires you to be very informed about your body, your fertility, when you ovulate, ext. So I would only recommend this method if you are dedicated to teaching yourself about your body, and staying aware and observant of changes in your body. I know for a fact this method works, because it helped me conceive my first child on the fist try, and I only have one fallopian tube. Good luck on finding non-hormonal methods!
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Yeah, the Fertility Awareness Method has worked perfectly for many of my friends.
    joshuasmommy327

Answer by joshuasmommy327 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I love love love the Nuva Ring. It still releases hormones, but I have had the same problems with other birth controls in the past, and this one doesnt seem to cause me any problems. My doctor said its because it doesnt have to have as many "fillers" since it doesnt have to make it through your entire body before hitting the blood stream. Its inserted vaginally and that way it can absorb immediately into the body. I LOVE IT!! Since I started it three years ago, I would never go back to anything else.
    adoptivemommy24

Answer by adoptivemommy24 at 1:30 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• You might want to be careful with the nuva ring if you choose to go that route. I am also very sensitive to hormones, and the nuva ring made me CRAZY. It might be worth a try for you though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 AM on Dec. 3, 2008