My daughter will turn 10 in June, and she wants a party at the skating rink? She cannot skate and she is allergic to eggs and all dairy products so what can you suggest as party foods, decorations, or maybe even a different party location? PLEASE. I NEED SOME HELP.

yummysmummy

Asked by yummysmummy at 11:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I wouldn't worry too much about the location. My niece just had her 9th birthday party there, and even though nobody was "good" at it, they all had fun trying! I would focus more on the allergies.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:05 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• There is a local teahouse here that does great tea parties for girls, with boas, hats and gloves, and the waitresses are dressed like English house maids...it's really fun, and you can customize the menu.

Kids also love miniature golf and bowling parties. As for menu it depends on where you have it, you can order a six foot sandwich from subway or Albertson's, or sloppy joes and chips, fresh fruit, pigs 'n blankets. It kind of depends on where you have it, and whether you can take your own food.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• What about bowling? My DS turns 10 in September and this is what he's asked for. Sorry I can't help with the snacks, but I would keep everything homemade just to be safe and try one of the egg-less cake recipes online for her birthday cake. Homemade frosting is easy and doesn't have eggs.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I had a birthday party at a skating rink when I was a kid, and I couldn't skate to save my life. It was a blast, though, and I was so popular after that! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:56 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• ...idk but i bumped it.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 11:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I would start taking her to the skating ring so she can learn... I remember when skating was all the craze back in the 80s... that party would be a total blast!...
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 11:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• the skating rink sounds great. All you have to search for is non-egg and dairy related foods and snacks for your party and a cake recipe without eggs. You can make the frosting from scratch it has no eggs
    SweetlilQtMama

Answer by SweetlilQtMama at 10:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• If she wants the skating rink, I'd investigate and go for it if it was in my budget! My DD was invited to (roller) skate party this year. Not one kid there could skate but they all had a blast trying! It was a great time!

The food? What would you normally serve? You can make your own cake using Cherrybrook Farms mix or a regular cake with subs for her allergens. What about ices? Subs? You can have your DD's without cheese right?

ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2011