Son keeps waking up and coming into our bed-and i dont even wake up!!

well, the good news is i'm not a light sleeper anymore. the bad news? ds keeps sneaking into our bed early in the morning. neither of us wake up. the problem? thats when dh and i have sex! he works nights and i'm in bed when he gets home...so we normally do it in the morning.

its not an issue right now bc im recovering from my miscarriage-but it is getting frustrating bc i want to wake up and put ds back in bed-but by the time i DO wake up, its like 9am and we're up for the day and ds will want breakfast and we'll need to get on with our day.

ugh, im at my wit's end. i just want some alone time with dh!

metalhealthmom

Asked by metalhealthmom at 11:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Maybe try putting a baby gate up on his bedroom door? At this age, he can probably just knock it down, though. Hmmm... He sounds like a sneaky little booger. lol. I hope it gets batter soon. Maybe at this age, you can talk with him before bed and try to make him understand that he needs to stay in his own big boy bed? Offer something like a special breakfast or something if he stays in his own bed all night? I hope this helps. Good luck!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• that what we tried the other day. we told him he could have his cereal in his room, lol. he just had to go get it off of the counter...

i'm thinking about locking our door-our apartment is child proof so its not like he can really get into anything. i might even just leave the tv on all night on nick jr and when he gets up he can go into the living room and watch tv.

i've never been one to think kids should have tvs in their room-but i'm starting to see an advantage to it. i just want alone time!
    metalhealthmom

Comment by metalhealthmom (original poster) at 11:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Nothing wrong with a lock on the door IMO. Show him where his breakfast/snack is and tell him you will be up soon.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:11 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• USE your Blanket Comforter all times...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have the same issue with ds3, but no one in my bed to make it inconvenient!
    Amomand4kids

Answer by Amomand4kids at 3:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2011