Did your kids ever struggle with the concept that life existed before they were born?

Both my niece and my daughter have acted freaked out by the idea that life existed before them. For example, my niece saw a picture of my BIL and my sister together and asked "Where was I that day?"...she was REALLY reluctant to accept the answer "You weren't born yet" and instantly made up reasons she wasn't in the picture..."I was at grandmas that night" "Maybe I was with auntie?"

My oldest went through the same thing, but it seemed to get better when I had her younger siblings...she could then see that she was alive before I had her sister...and before then, her sister wasn't there yet.

I was just wondering how common it was.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• Kids have to be older before they understand that concept.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:08 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• no but the ladies in the groups section sure do when i point this out, lol. they can't BELIEVE that i had a life before i had ds.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 11:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Haha, sometimes! My kids can't imagine a lifetime before cell phones, tvs, and indoor plumbing! They're getting better as they get older. It's a little funny though =P
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:19 AM on Apr. 21, 2011