I am looking for a vegetable dish to serve for a dinner on friday. Does anyone have any suggestions?

yummysmummy

Asked by yummysmummy at 11:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Roasted cauliflower - you can make it ahead, and serve it room temp. Toss Cauliflower florets with olive oil, salt pepper and red pepper flakes. Roast until toasty golden. (Also works for brussel sprouts - just make sure the heads are compact.)

Second the Asparagus idea.. awesome.

Corn - roasted on the grill, or fresh... always

Kale has been great this season. Wash and then Soak in salted water for 30 minds, drain and then braise it with garlic, add a splash of vinegar/ lemon juice at hte end. OR a Kale "ceasar" salad. cut up the soaked leaves, and toss with olives/croutons/dressing of your choice. (Skip the cheese since you are going dairy free)

of course.. you can also cruise the internet for some great ideas. Lots of options for you!

Sweet potatoes - Just roast those things.. and they stand well on their own.
    Onemiracle

Answer by Onemiracle at 9:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• broccoli w/ cheese. yum!
    Pixie81

Answer by Pixie81 at 3:06 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• depends on what else you're serving. I have plenty of suggestions but it would be hard to pick one without knowing more details about the meal you're planning!
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 12:06 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Asparagus-with-Sliced-Almonds-and-Parmesan-Cheese/Detail.aspx
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• green bean cassarole .. good for any dinner night
    AJMcGuire

Answer by AJMcGuire at 9:54 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I have one that tastes awesome, but isn't the greatest for you - so if you only want healthy or unsauced, don't keep reading! This is adapted from something worse & saucier that my cousin makes. Works in both the oven & the crock pot. Mix 2, 2lb bags of California mixed veggies (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower - I use the frozen mix but you could steam fresh too), 1 can cream of whatever soup (cousin uses mushroom, I use celery), 1 jar of "cheez whiz", and a handful of french fried onions - I also add a little black pepper. Spread in a baking dish or dump in the crock pot. CP will take longer to cook, for the oven I cover with foil and cook about 2 hours - usually I throw it together on a Sunday morning before church, and after church it's done. Take the foil off, sprinkle on some more french fried onions, and bake til onions are golden. If you CP it, the onions won't get golden on top, I skip them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• roasted asparagus is always good in the spring.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 12:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Sorry. I forgot to include that's its for my 9 year old and my parents. I need a dairy free recipe. Thanks eveyone.
    yummysmummy

Comment by yummysmummy (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Two corn casserole is good
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:58 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• google it and type in vegetable recipes or go to www.foodnetwork.com and type in vegetable recipes
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 3:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2011