Having anxiety. Leaving an emotionally abusive 7 yr relationship tomorrow.....

and I can't sleep or eat or even think. Everything is packed, planned and on for tomorrow. I'm on the verge of freaking out from fear that I will be a total failure as a single parent. I have money, a roof for me and my kids and a job lined up already. I have this planned, but I am flipping out!

Anyone else been where I am......any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• girl, all my advice is stick to it. dont ever go back. you will be perfectly fine, just dont go back!!! you will do better than you have been for 7 years. i wish you luck!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 12:02 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• I don't have advice but I wanted to say GOOD JOB!!! I don't think you're going to be a bad single mom, you sound like you've got your shit together and just the fact that you've planned everything out so well means you are a fabulous mother :) Just keep doing what you're doing, take it one day at a time and allow yourself a little time to heal once you're gone. It's a HUGE deal to escape an abusive relationship and you deserve a medal of some kind. Kudos!!!!!
    ShainaMay

Answer by ShainaMay at 12:04 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Good luck mommy... you CAN do it. :-)
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 12:05 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• You go girl!!! You're doing what's right and the best you can for you and your kids! With that kind of attitude and goal, you'll do just fine! Take care of you!!!
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 12:11 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Been there. You will be so busy settling in to your new life that you won't have time to freak out for long. This is a great new adventure. Enjoy it

Answer by admckenzie at 12:30 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• If you have some, go brew yourself a nice hot cup of chamomile tea. Its suppose to help one relax. *Hugs* and good luck :D
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:34 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Thank you so much for you kind, encouraging words. I actually feel much better now. Sorry I had to post this anon....usually don't this is top secret.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• i left after two years, and can only imagine how much harder it would be to leave after seven. i wish you the absolute best of luck, you can and will survive this!!!!! message me if you want to talk, need support, or anything!
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 1:27 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• YEP, contact me ♥♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 2:39 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• not much advice but girl GOOD FOR YOU!!!! I give you so much credit! you can do this and you will do great mama
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 5:37 AM on Apr. 21, 2011