Do you already know who is going to take your children if something were to happen to you and DH/SO?

I have no freaking idea....will have to discuss that with hubby in the morning lol

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 21, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Sort of, but we need to get our act together regarding wills and estate planning. We have no excuse for delaying now that we have a toddler -- my DH is an attorney!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:42 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• my daughter's godmother. I askedher before my daughter was born.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 12:08 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• yup.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 12:09 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yes, my sister and brother in law. I should probably let them know this huh? :)
    daina82

Answer by daina82 at 12:12 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yes there godmother Kenyetta. At 16 she was the only person who stepped up and stock by myside as a mom at 14 now im 26 Married with 3 kids and I know fully with out a doubt that she will love mykids like I love them. Prom, scraped knees, boo boo's nightmares the whole 9. Now im getting all teary-eyed I gotta call her
    timbrikaylamom

Answer by timbrikaylamom at 12:23 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• My mom, if she's unable then his mom and step dad. In my will, it specifically states than under NO circumstances are they to go to my FIL. It is always wise to have what you want in writing. You NEVER know what is going to happen tomorrow. legalzoom.com can write wills and POAs for decent prices.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 1:24 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• Yes. We did our estate planning a few years ago and stipulated who would be responsible for the kids. Keep in mind a will is important in this regard but a revocable trust is what you really need.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• yes, my mother an in the event she can't them my little brother and his wife.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:33 AM on Apr. 21, 2011